Monday, October 17, 2011

Sometimes it's the smallest and funniest of things that can overwhelm you... Holden wanted to wear a hat after getting out of the bath last night and I remembered a few that our Ruth Ann had sent Holden right after she was born. I didn't think in a million years Holden would actually keep it on. She typically asks for a hat, hair bow, bracelet, etc. but pulls it off and plays with it. Not this hat... she wanted it on and tied under her chin. I took it off briefly to brush her hair and she just kept asking for it. I tried asking to take it off before going to bed and she said no, so she fell asleep with it on. I snuck back in before I went to bed and it was still on. I did untie it just in case, so it came off throughout the night, but I have this lovely and funny reminder of a connection I believe the two of them share.



4 comments:

  1. So sweet. Ruth Ann would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got a smile on my face and in my heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your post Liz. Mom would be very happy... and cry, smile, cry and smile some more

    ReplyDelete